Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Waiting List to Volunteer?

Positive Minded People Meetup Union Rescue Mission
Everyone needs a helping hand every now and then. Volunteering is one of my favorite things to do. Not only do I get to help others, but I am enriched also. 



Through the Positive Minded People's group on meetup.com 
I will be volunteering in +DTLA at the Union Rescue Mission.
[Union Rescue Mission] We embrace people experiencing homelessness with the compassion of Christ - giving hope and healing for a changed life - helping them find their way home.
Imagine my shock to find that I was put on a waiting list?! to +volunteer at the Rescue Mission. That says a lot, though. People aren't just sitting around complaining and/or consuming. What a bore! Get out and do something! Help somebody or learn something new.

Today is a good day. I woke to find my RSVP status had been elevated to GOING to volunteer. YES! Helping those less fortunate downtown has been on my bucket list for a very long time. I am happy to check it off and so happy to help! OMG, I could cry now. 


I believe the eyes are the gateway to the soul. I look forward to seeing some relief in tired and weary eyes. I AM love.




No comments: