Monday, February 17, 2014

Beer & Bruschetta - President's Day and Working From Home

Heineken BruschettaHow did you celebrate the President's Day holiday? Since I am self employed and work from home, national holidays can be more of a nuisance than a vacation. I took the opportunity to have an office day instead of working in the field today. I spent the entire day blogging. As with any full schedule, you have to take time out for nourishment, sustenance, food! I happened upon some great finds at the $.99 Only Store this a.m. I found some small, oven-baked Italian toast and wished for smoked gouda. Although I have at least 4 or 5 varieties of cheese in my fridge, sadly, smoked gouda was not one of them. What I was able to scrounge up was goat cheese. I had a great and productive day blogging.
For lunch I prepared myself a beer with a side of bruschetta topped with freshly roasted grape tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, goat cheese (Yum!) and olive oil. Now, I'm switching my chef's hat for my Webmistress hat and it's back to the grind.

by Michelle Brown

No comments: