Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Spontaneous Day Off...

A spontaneous day off is always cool, isn't it? If so, why do I feel like I'm behind?! As much as I enjoy life and living for me, yesterday mommy had to take the backseat. I didn't see the Floyd Mayweather vs Canelo Alvarez fight.
Floyd Mayweather Canelo Alvarez
I didn't get my laundry done. I did no field services work. Not a door-knock, not a mystery shop, not a nothing! 

When I realized in the early afternoon that my daughter wouldn't be back with the "get-away" anytime soon, I determined the day was a wash! May as well eat pizza, donuts and watch videos. Heavy sigh.

So, now it's around 5 am and I must produce today. As I schedule my day, there is a mystery shop in Beverly Hills and loads of SNAP/EBT (food stamps) store reviews all over the Los Angeles area.

Is it just me, or does everyone else see the economic downturn of the US. Not just see it, but experience it? I cry on the days that I go to Malibu, Huntington or Redondo Beach. Some of the most affluent communities in the nation are requiring government assistance in the form of "food stamps". Of course they haven't been called food stamps by the government in a long time, but it's hard to change such brand recognition.

If I was really on the ball, I'd schedule myself a nice mystery shop lunch, but that would be too much like RIGHT!  Doing the right thing isn't so much fun, is it???  Or is it? My pocketbook would be happier to receive the check back, but fitting it in the schedule and NOT going bonkers isn't a better price to pay. So "Brown Bag Cafe" it is! If only I were that organized! HA! I will probably end up choosing something terrible to eat while out and about.
EBT SNAP Food Stamps
I plan to do better next week! Which is tomorrow, for me.

If you want to check the eligibility for SNAP/EBT (food stamps) for you, a friend or family member, click here.



by Michelle Brown

No comments: