Friday, September 20, 2013

A Flat Belly...

MUFA foods olives dark chocolate olive oil raw nuts

MUFAs or monounsaturated fatty acids are Belly Fat Busters! Take it from me. I got tired of that spare tire around my waist. I incorporated different foods into my diet and cut my belly fat! 
Half Moon Bay Jamaica Before Flat Belly Diet


Studies have shown that people live longer around the Mediterranean Sea (hence: The Mediterranean Diet). They typically have a lower body weight and eat a diet substantial in MUFAs (raw nuts, olives, and olive oil), abundant in fresh fruits, vegetables, and legumes. Lots of fish and whole grains are consumed. Red meat is not a very popular choice.

Eating a MUFA with every meal can decrease your belly without doing one sit-up or crunch!
amazing weight loss


That's how I started my amazing 50+lb weight loss. 

Recently I was searching around on pinterest and saw some yummy ideas for avocado. I settled for an Avocado, Lemon, Pistachio pudding.  It's light and delicious. Sweet and creamy. You can add variety to your pudding by using orange or lime in place of lemon. Exchange the pistachio extract for almond extract or vanilla flavoring. Make your pudding dairy-free using a non-dairy milk or for a richer taste, you can use regular milk. The richest being full fat coconut milk. 

I used vanilla flavoring, lemon, and 2% milk. Blue Agave is my sweetener of choice.

The recipe was easy to execute and finding different varieties would be nice to try. The flavor was light with a delicate citrus taste. I found it a cool and refreshing treat on a warm summer evening.


Avocado, Lemon, and Pistachio Pudding 
Serves 3-4
  • 2 large ripe avocados, pitted
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
  • 2-3 tablespoons honey, to your taste (preferably raw and local)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
  • Pinch of salt
  • Raw shelled pistachios, chopped (for serving)

1. Scoop the avocado flesh into a blender or a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
MUFA Avocado Pudding

2. Add the remaining ingredients and puree until very smooth.

MUFA Avocado Pudding

3. Spoon the pudding into 3 or 4 small bowls.

MUFA Avocado Pudding Served

4. Garnish and serve.


I love avocados and they love me!
After MUFA Flat Belly Diet



MUFA Flat Belly Diet




Find other tasty avocado recipes in the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook. Enjoy delicious dishes such as Seared Wild Salmon with Mango Salsa, Slow Cooker Chili, and Pumpkin-Maple Cheesecake--and you will lose belly inches and greatly enhance your likelihood of living a longer and healthier life.



by Michelle Brown

Photo Source: http://futureworldblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/mufas/

No comments: