Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Shopping For A Living




Well, I don’t know about earning a living, but you can certainly entertain yourself on someone else’s dime! In my inbox there are numbers of upscale restaurants needing to be shopped, golf courses and hotels, too!

When I moved to Orlando, FL in 2000, I began mystery shopping as a way to learn my way around the city and earn some extra cash. There are some mystery shop jobs that pay a fee for the service, in addition to reimbursing you for your purchase. A lot simply reimburse. 

I have shopped apartment complexes, restaurants, retail stores, etc. At first, I used to feel like a super-hero on a secret mission or something. I guess in my old age, I am simply looking for what’s right. Was my hot food served hot and my cold food served cold? Did the server greet us promptly?

If you can make a purchase and remember a name, you could be a mystery shopper. There is no easy way to get great work; it is WORK! There are dozens of companies looking for mystery shoppers or secret shoppers. Nine times out of ten, there are no fees associated. If there is a fee, it might be something like a background check and those are far and few, in between. I would NEVER pay a fee to a company to sign me up to other companies! You can do that yourself!

Make it a point of applying to a handful of companies everyday. The more companies you apply to, the more work you get. Typing the same thing over and over can be a bear. Make use of the auto-fill function found in most browsers.

Mystery shopping can be fun and you can earn a couple of bucks in your spare time. 

Some mystery shop companies are listed on these pages:

List I

List II

List III

Thanks for reading and happy shopping!

Signed,
Paid To Shop

No comments: