Saturday, March 7, 2015

From Mystery Shopping to Self Employed

Millions of people dream of working for themselves and striking it rich. I had that dream, too! I'm half way there. I am a self employed field services professional and it all started with mystery shopping!

Free Time in Hollywood




Living in Los Angeles, with Hollywood right in my back yard, is the business! Since I am self employed, I can arrange my schedule to take advantage of the great opportunities in my lovely town. I don't have to request permission or fill out a request-for-leave form. I don't have to inform my boss. I do, however, have to make up the time.

When you are young in your business, chances are you wear many hats. You have to be the business development person, the legal person, the secretary, the president, the worker and the staff! That is a lot of juggling and scheduling. It's no wonder that I'm half off my rocker, at times. But, I seem to get'er done! Could I do better? Of course I could do better, and I will! What about you?

Will you be the same person this time next year? Or, will you have taken charge of your life. Will you start saying "no" to the things and people who don't have to be a priority in your life?

Not everyone deserves to be in a front row seat of your life story.

Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life


I make it a point to be someone new this time next year. I didn't stop at mystery shopping. I looked for other opportunities that I could do as an independent contractor. I've taken photos for extra cash. I became a merchandiser for extra cash, slinging and straightening newspapers. I've traveled to different states for work. The work was plentiful like a gold rush, so I headed for the hills of North Carolina. I lived in Florida.



Now that I've taken up residence back in my adopted hometown of Los Angeles, I'm successfully working my field services business and enjoying the amenities, too! I didn't guest host on #TheRealDaytime, but maybe some day. I have the time!

Check me and my girls out on The Real on Monday, March 9th. Channel 11 @ 3pm on the West coast.

Thanks for reading and sharing.

by Michelle Brown

No comments: